Encouragement for when You are Experiencing Job Loss



Two weeks ago, my husband and I both lost our jobs. It was devastating news.  It was shocking to be living comfortably with both of us working and then 6 days later to be a household that is jobless.   It was/is unfathomable. 



We have gone through unemployment before.  My husband lost his job in December 2012.   At that time, the news was also devastating.  I was at home with our two small children and had no income.  We were so blessed when Aaron got a new job just a month later.  



Aaron losing his job while I was at home taught me that we needed to be more prepared for financial emergencies.   So when a job presented itself, I took it.  I went back to work after being home for three school years with my babies.





We very quickly got accustomed to having two 
salaries in our household.   We settled into our routine and became very complacent.   It never crossed our minds that one of us, let alone both of us would lose our jobs.





I have to admit that I am not dealing with all of this as I well as I should.  It is really scary and I find myself feeling bitter and angry.  I need to constantly remind myself that everything is going to work out.




I wrote this blog post so that I could tell my story.  I also wanted to compile all of my favorite verses and quotes so that I could refer back to it when I was feeling defeated. 





So many of my friends have been encouraging me by sharing their favorite verses.  I am so grateful for their faithfulness.  I am definitely not holding up as well as I should and their help means so much to me.   






I know that we will get through this and that God will take care of all our needs.  My prayer is that He will use this situation to further His will.






12 comments:

  1. Sending prayers and encouragement your way. I trust God will guide you both to where He wants you most to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you. I know God has a plan in all of this, but it sure is hard to see it and must be very scary. Know that you are so loved and not alone Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, goodness! Can't imagine the shock and panic. BUT, you are writing about it and that in itself will begin the process of acceptance (albeit so hard) and turning the page to the next chapter. Cling to your faith, fall on your knees and cry out. I'm reading through Psalms right now and this is what David did so often. I admire your courage in sharing this. I will keep you in my prayers. Visiting via "FlusterBuster" linkup

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayer for you, my friend, is that in all the emotional turmoil of this trauma, you'll get past the feeling of, "Shucks. We're not good, hardworking people, because we don't have jobs." I know from experience that when you lose a job, you lose a sense of confidence and worth in yourself, which you based in that job. Getting past that is getting rid of one more painful aspect of the whole experience. I send my prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear what is going on with you. I know how it feels :(. My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally know what you are going through. The same feeling, same emotions. . . it definitely is a time of testing our faith and seeing God's hand move. It's a great time to see our dependence on God grow and be strengthened. In 2012, my husband lost his job and we went through the hard times for about a year and a half before a steady salary and we could finally pay our bills. I want to encourage you that God takes care of His children. He is taking care of you and your family and He is working everything out for your good! The Lord is good! He is faithful and I have witnessed many miracles occur when bills needed to be paid, and food needed to fill our tummies. I know the Lord will do the same for you! Don't worry, just trust the Lord. We will be praying for you and your family!
    Blessings and Shalom,
    Rosenda @ littlepinkcasa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear that, I understand how you feel. Our faith is always tested and sometimes we question it but always remember God never allows a situation you can't handle in your life, his there and before you know it all will be well. Your family is in my prayers. Thanks for sharing with us at the countdown in style linky x.

    Myrabev - ajulydreamer.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just wanted to stop and let you know I'm praying for you all. I know God will lead you to a situation that is just right for your family. Hang in there---he meets the needs of his children.

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry for what you are going through. I hope these verses are encouraging you and will encourage others. We, at Coffee With Us 3, are praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I'm so sorry to hear this! Thank you so much for sharing your heart with us. I really hope something wonderful works out soon for you all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing your story! Sending prayers from Brazil. It is such a difficult valley to walk through when you lose your job (we have been there). Be encouraged and try not to worry. In hard times I always remember the verse "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us" Ephesian 3:20. God always provides just sometimes in ways we may not think of:) found at hit me with your best shot linky. Have a good week.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thoughts and prayers with you. I hope things are looking up. Thank you for sharing all of those beautiful quotes! I love that God is our strength. That is so true!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS